Sunday, May 18, 2014

The taxi driver

In the taxi yesterday, driver said he is using a 3rd party permit. He tried for 8 years but cannot get his individual permit.
I replied if change government, all drivers will get individual permits. His reply stunned me.

"jangan tukar kerajaan, nanti perang. lebih baik macam ini masih boleh cari makan sikit. Kalau tukar kerajaan, hancur negara kita.."

He went on to explain that if change government , means the Chinese will run the country, like Singapore. The Malays will be forced into poverty and when Malays are forced to a wall, they will fight back and there will be chaos in the country. Better like this now, country is peaceful, everyone including the Chinese are grateful.

I kept silent and allowed him to keep talking. And there was more revealation.
He said, Chinese are good businessman and dare to gamble. He said in the whole region petrol is over RM4 but in Malaysia less than RM2.

If DAP run the government, petrol price will surely rise. Why sell at RM2 when market is RM4. So when petrol price go up if Chinese (DAP) run the country, the Malays will suffer. No taxi on the road because the Malays cannot afford. So when Malays go hungry, they will rise and fight.

Now UMNO give subsidy it is good although it is bad business for the government. At least Malays control the government not like Singapore where Malays are the poorest but the economy is good.

Than he asked me if I agree despite me having a China face. I just gave him my Apek smile and he continued.

"Walaupun di Malaysia ada banyak yang tak betul, tapi di sini aman. Menteri kita bagus tak macam Singapore minta gaji tinggi tinggi."

We reached my destination and as I got off the taxi he reminded me, "jangan tukar kerajaan, jangan kecoh di jalanraya. Tak guna."

Im still stunned but one fact remains, thats my fellow Malaysian's perception and he makes up 60% of our population.

There is a lot of work to do!

No comments: