Saturday, September 3, 2011

saturday sept 3

Its Saturday again, the 8th after the historical 709 BERSIH march. Im sitting here with my Samsung Tab reflecting back on that great day.

Yeah, it was truly a special day and it brings a smile to my face each time i think, talk or recall that special day. I still distinctly remember having tears in my eyes while joining hundreds of others in singing the National Anthem on Petaling street. Smiling and shaking hands with complete strangers and friends, what an experience.

But now two months on, I wonder if that oomph, that 'semangat' is still burning inside us? It is still burning in me, to see Free and Fair elections come GE13. Of course the million ringgit question is when will be the GE13?

I feel sad to speculate that GE13 will come only after a turbulant time in Malaysia following Anwar's imprisonment. Yes, I am definitely sure he will be sent in yet again. Reformasi v2.0 cum BERSIH v3.0 will be a reality. This time round even more rakyat will be out on the streets. International attention will be even more than before.

UMNO will pull out all stops to 'fight' for their survival, grasping like a drowning man. Yes, it will indeed be a difficult moment for the nation but one that we would nevertheless have to go through. I just pray that there will be minimal blood shed and minimal damage and economic loss.

Emerging from that will be GE13 which will bring Malaysia into a new political chapter in our nation's history. What will we become after that?

I see changes but not immediate. Change will come slowly and i would rather see it come slowly but sustained instead of drastic but not long lasting.

The key factor would be in the hands of civil society who must keep the politicians in check. The new generation politicians must engage civil society to help bring Malaysia forward and to survive.

No comments: