Friday, February 6, 2009

REST IN PEACE - Markus

This afternoon I received (through my email) the sad news of the passing-on of a friend I had just recently had the pleasure of being acquainted with.

I had met Markus Ng at the weekly Mesra Rakyat gatherings at the tarmac of MBPJ every Sunday. The last I saw Markus was on Chinese New Years Eve.

He had called me aside and said he had something for me. He than took out a nicely and freshly printed name card. He had made a name card for himself carrying ANAK BANGSA MALAYSIA tagline.

This was his little way of supporting what I have been promoting ie: Anak Bangsa Malaysia; one nation, one people, one hope

Now this name card will be something I will cherish. Though I have not known him for long, this young man had impressed me with lots of passion and promise. In as much as I will miss him, I submit to the will of God. I know that now my dear Markus will be resting in peace while we continue to fight for a cause that he has been and continues to be a part of.

Amen!