Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dark Clouds .....

I woke up to an SMS informing me that Teresa Kok has been arrested under ISA. This cannot be true; I sent a message for confirmation to Hannah and the reply was positive.

Hmmmm, when I went online, there was also the arrest of the journalist. Plus the earlier arrest of RPK.....

What is my country coming to; it just does not make sense at all - the journalist arrested for doing her job, yet the guy that started it all, is out there? Is there no sense in Malaysia, where is justice? I hope all Journalists in Malaysia will stand-up and protect and defend their rights!

As I follow the events through both the Main stream and alternative media, i cannot help but feel sad for my nation. Especially so in this holy month and on the eve of the mid-autumn festival. Furthermore, we are still in the midst of our month long National Celebration.

I have removed the little Jalur Gemilang that I had flying in my apartment. In its place, will be a candle to be lighted to remind me of the sad state my country is in. It will remain lighted till a ray of hope shines through.

Until than, my prayers for my country; I am nevertheless still proud of being Bangsa Malaysia; that few ignorant guys up there, Malaysia, my great nation; is not theirs to keep! I will defend it ...