Tuesday, August 5, 2008

One month and......

Come this Friday, I would have been here for a month. This Friday, 8th August will also be the opening of the Beijing Olympics. This would also be the day I go and place my finger print for my BLUE CARD; that is the work permit here for foreigners.

The past few weeks, it has been really bright, sunny and hot. However, beginning yesterday, strong wind, cloudt and some rain. It is expected that the typhoon will hit by the end of the week!

What a shame - Beijing Olympics - just pray it will not be a wash-out.

I am looking forward to watching the Opening live on tv. Was thinking of going to Hong Kong and join in the crowd at the Open Area where they will show it on large TV Screens....but hmmm the weather does not look too promising.

If it rains in Beijing than pity; no fireworks i guess..:-(

Of course over this last few days, in the news on tv and in print, nothing else but the Olympics. Talk about the weather, the haze...and also the bombing. Yet another terrorist attack in China yesterday.....

I pray for a peaceful Olympics....