Monday, August 25, 2008

And the winds came calling again - and my heroes!

Back in Macao on Wednesday and Friday (22nd August) - Typhoon Nuri came calling. This time the typhoon was worst than the previous one. Stronger winds and certainly much more rain!

Gosh, that makes it two Category 8 warnings in a month.

Anyway, it has blown over now and last night was the closing of the Beijing Olympics. An impressive show indeed and Well Done - BEIJING! London has indeed a hard act to follow; but they will of course do just as well - I am sure of that.

What I feel sad is that now we have the Paralympics - the Olympics for the Challenged. These athletes whould be given greater recognition but they have been and continue to be in the shadows.There will be none of the Live telecasts etc and certainly far less media coverage.

These athletes are equally heroes: but society does not think so. :-(

Nevertheless, for me - they will be My HEROES