Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 - 2015

One week into 2015 I have finally found time and inspiration to sit down and write.

2014 ended sadly with the flooding in the East Coast and the crash of AirAsia.

I got involved with arranging and mobilising support for aid to the flood victims. It was a very tiring and challenging experience. However it was most inspiring to see my fellow Malaysians coming together in unity.

Strangers bonded together to lend a helping hand, ended as friends and comrades.

On a personal note, my thoughts remain with Capt Zaharie's family plus families of all the other crew n passengers of MH370. I will not forget.

Thus, I come into 2015 with the news of flood waters receeding. My thoughts and prayers are for the pain and sorrows of 2014 to be washed away too.

However,  I pray too that 2014 will be remembered and learnt from. Many lessons can be learnt: flood mitigation, emergency management, air travel safety protocols and management, sustainable development and much more.

There is only one direction for 2015 to go and that is, UP.

Here's praying for good health, love and happiness for 2015.

My new year resolution? Nah, I pass. No need for resolutions that mean nothing. 

My prayer though is, "Lord, take my life, lead me, use me, mould me - Im yours. AMEN"

No comments: