Friday, January 23, 2009

Mandarin Oranges....Police and more...

For the past two Sundays, the peaceful MesraRakyat gatherings were disrupted by the police. Despite being in a public area, with permission from the owners, the gathering was considered to be illegal by the police. I had been receiving telephone calls almost daily from our friendly SB officer advising me not to attend the gathering and is possible try to call it off: my response has always been, I have no authority to call it off and as always, I WILL BE THERE!

For the past two weeks, I have been busy attending meetings to try resolve matters and helping make Malaysia a better place. It has been busy, frustrating but rewarding too in that I can make a difference.

Whilst it is still sad to see many people still having the "old mind set" but changes is not easy to come by. It may take a while to see changes in our society as a whole, it does not mean that we have to give up. Nor does it mean that people are unwilling to change. Change management takes time and I am glad to be able to be a part of this.

I am also glad to see many young people actively participating in events and gatherings to help bring about changes. More and more people are walking the talk instead of just standing by and watching.

These are people that gives hope for the nation. These are Harapan Negara and of course they are all ANAK BANGSA MALAYSIA.